The regional focus of the project is sub-Saharan Africa. Our offices are in Uganda, Rwanda, and South Africa, but we also work in other countries in the region and around the world. More information on individual countries can be found at these websites:
- The country information portal covers a broad spectrum on relevant aspects of international cooperation for over 80 countries. The information is divided into five subject areas: overview, history and state, economy and development, society and everyday life.
- The State Department offers, similar to the country information portal, detailed information on various countries. From culture and education to domestic politics, relations with Germany and travel and security advice, this website is a very good starting point for relevant and up-to-date information.
- Under the UNDP Human Development Reports website, you can find the latest data and publications on development for each country.
- The World Bank Data Site publishes various statistics on development-related topics.
- The Bertelsmann Transformation Index analyses and compares transformation processes towards democracy and market economy worldwide and identifies successful strategies for peaceful change.
VOCATIONAL TRAINING SYSTEMS
A brief description of the Competence-Based Education and Training (CBET) approach, which is widely used in vocational education and training in sub-Saharan Africa, can be found in the following factsheet:
We have also compiled more information on individual vocational training systems for you. You can find the information here: